Our key worker Mellissa recently enjoyed a vegan bake-along with one of her young people, Freya. They used Freya's recipe and managed to conjure up some real delights from their separate kitchens thanks to Zoom! You can follow the recipe below and if you are interested in more of Freya's recipes then click here for her blog.
- 1/2 cup of coconut/almond flour
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp agave/honey/maple syrup
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao powder *optional*
- dried fruit
- protein powder
- chopped nuts
- desiccated coconut
- top with melted chocolate
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl (including any optional ingredients you wish to put INSIDE the truffles) minus 1 tbsp of cacao powder (also any think that you wish to coat your truffles in such as desiccated coconut or very finely chopped nuts should be left out as well).
- Combine the ingredients using a mixer such as a kitchen aid or hand held mixer or a wooden spoon.
- Roll the mix into small evenly sized balls and roll with the palm of your hand until they are smooth.
- Put the remaining cacao powder into a small shallow bowl along with any optional ingredients that you wish to coat the truffles in.
- Roll the truffles into the powder until they have an even, thin coating and put them on a plate.
- Place them in the fridge for 10-15 minutes whilst you do the inevitable task of all recipes - the washing up.
- Congratulate yourself for completing the washing up by enjoying a truffle or two! I challenge you to try and save some for others to try, good luck! @flourishingfrey